2020: COVID-19: BioMaking Solutions
- May 7, 2020 – Dr. Hadley Sikes, Esther and Harold E. Edgerton Career Development Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering at MIT
“Progress towards rapid protein tests for COVID-19” (watch recording)
- June 3, 2020 – Dr. Michael Yaffe, David H Koch Professor of Science, Departments of Biology and Biological Engineering at MIT
“A novel approach to treating ARDS in COVID-19” (watch recording)
- June 18, 2020 – Dr. J. Christopher Love, Raymond A. (1921) and Helen E. St. Laurent Professor Department of Chemical Engineering at MIT
“Developing scalable and accessible vaccines for COVID-19”
- June 25, 2020 – Dr. Andrea Carfi, Head of Research, Infectious Disease at Moderna Therapeutics
“Rapid Development of mRNA-1273: a vaccine against SARS-CoV-2”
- July 8, 2020 – Dr. Mariana Matus, CEO and Co-Founder at Biobot Analytics
“Tracking the COVID-19 outbreak through wastewater epidemiology”
- July 16, 2020 – Dr. Mark Bathe, Professor, Department of Biological Engineering at MIT
“Virus-like DNA Nanoparticle Vaccine for COVID-19”
- July 29, 2020 – Dr. Pranam Chatterjee, Molecular Machines Group, MIT Media Lab
“Computation-Mediated Protein Engineering of Robust Genome Editing and Anti-Viral Tools Against SARS-CoV-2”
- August 5, 2020 – Dr. David Gifford, Professor, MIT Departments of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Biological Engineering
“Computationally optimized SARS-CoV-2 MHC class I and II vaccine formulations predicted to target human haplotype distributions” (Register to Attend)
- August 12, 2020 – Dr. Patrick Boyle, Head of Codebase at Ginkgo Bioworks
“Applying Ginkgo’s Platform to the COVID-19 Response” (Register to attend)
- August 26, 2020 – Dr. Brendan Manning, Associate Director of Assay Development at Sherlock Biosciences
“Rapid Development and EUA Approval of the SHERLOCK SARS-CoV-2 Nucleic Acid Test” (Register to attend)
2021: Equity and Social Action in BioMaking
- March 16, 2021 – Dr. Louise Lassalle, Assistant Director of Life Design and the Johns Hopkins University, Communications Project Manager and the Open Insulin Foundation
“Open Insulin: Addressing the Crisis” Recording link to come!
- April 6, 2021 – Malik and Miles George, MIT Department of Biological Engineering Class of 2022
“Making STEM Accessible – The Importance of Science Communication” Recording link to come!
- April 13, 2021 – Devora Najjar, MIT Media Lab – Responsive Environments and researcher in Collins Lab
“Biosensors for Community-Based Environmental Monitoring” Recording link to come!
- April 28, 2021 – Omar Perez, Xinampa Board Member
“Xinampa: Cultivating an Equitable Future Bioeconomy in the Monterey Bay Region” Recording link to come!
- May 4, 2021 – Dr. Robin Scheffler, Associate Professor of MIT Science, Technology, and Society (STS)
“Genetown: Biotechnology and Inequity in Greater Boston” Recording link to come!